The Franco-American Museum of the Château de Blérancourt is a national museum that is part of the National Agency of the Estates of Compiègne and Blérancourt under the aegis of the Minister of Culture and Communication.
This museum was created by Anne Morgan, a great American philanthropist and it continues to benefit from numerous private philanthropists.
Founded in 1923, the idea of Anne Morgan and Anne Murray Dike, this association is presided over by Isabelle Chavarot.
It was recognised as being of public utility in 1931, authorising its members to benefit from a maximum of tax deductions according to the law. Its mission is to enrich the artistic and historic collections by acquiring works of art and also to participate in numerous promotional activities in public relations and in publication as well as financing temporary exhibitions and exceptional events. It finances the reorganisation of the two pavilions classified as Historical Monuments in order to improve public reception in the library and to reopen the Anne Morgan Salon.
Adress : 27/29 rue Raffet - 75016 – Paris - FRANCE
Charles Riley Président
Founded in 1985 by the Baronne Bernard d’Anglejan-Chatillon at the request of Pierre Rosenberg and presided over by Eugénie Anglès, this American non-profit association allows members and those who donate works of art and objects destined for the museum collections to deduct a part of their donation from their taxes according to the law 501 (C)3 in effect in the United States.
The goal of this organisation is to contribute to the expansion of the estate through actively searching for philanthropists interested in history and in French/American relations, themes of the museum founded by Anne Morgan.
The American Friends participated equally with the State in the building of the Florence Gould pavilion and financed the creation of the American gardens and an arboretum of American tree species. They also participated financially in certain exhibitions like “Long Live Wilson!”, presented in Washington, New York, Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans and Dallas.
In large US cities the association organises numerous events with the goal of raising the two million dollars it promised to contribute to the restoration and enlarging of the Historic Pavilion of the museum, one of the official projects of Save America’s Treasures. Beginning of construction: 2006.
Become a member: Contact The American Friends of Blérancourt to New York or Paris
34, avenue de New York, 75116 Paris
Board of Directors
Honorary PresidentsBaronne Bernard d’Anglejan-Chatillon
Founded in New York in 1890 and made up of the female descendants of the founders of the United States of America, this association has contributed extensively to the planting and maintenance of the gardens. One of its goals is to preserve historical places and to conserve the documents of the families and States prior to 1776. Chapter IV was founded in Paris in 1901.
The extension and refurbishing of a museum pavilion, inaugurated in July 1989, were financed in part by this American foundation. The building, named the Florence Gould Pavilion, received the Equerre d’argent (Silver T-Square Prize), a prize awarded each year by an international jury at Le Moniteur of Public Work’s initiative, which recognises an architectural work as much for its design as for its construction.